We will delve into the whimsical world of mushrooms as we make this fun lip balm holder. You will no longer have to dig through your purse or backpack to find your lip balm, and you will get lots of comments on your fun crochet accessory.
This class is suitable for all skill levels, and most ages (usually ages 5 and up as long as they have the patience for a 3 hour class), from beginners to intermediate crocheters. If you have a basic understanding of crochet stitches, you’re ready to embark on this enchanting shaping adventure.
What You’ll Learn:
- Magic Ring: We will work with you to master the Magic Ring, and show alternative methods as well.
- Shaping Techniques: The mushroom shape lends itself well to learning shaping with subtle increases and decreases. It is easy to make simple changes that affect the overall shape.
- Colorwork: We will also show how to work the dots as stitches and carry the alternate colored yarn, to minimize sewing.
- Variations: Simple embellishments like hand-stitched dots or moss can add a lot of personalization.
- Assembly and Finishing: This item is a no-sew design, except for optional embellishments, so they work up really quickly.
- Small amounts of worst weight yarn in natural colors. Wool blends work well to add texture.
- (optional) Green eyelash yarn can be fun to add moss.
- Crochet Hook size 1 – 2 sizes smaller than that suggested for yarn chosen
- Lip Balm (cylinder shaped)
- (optional) swivel clip
- Yarn needle
By the end of this class, you’ll not only have a delightful mushroom-shaped lip balm holder, but also a new found confidence in shaping techniques that can be applied to other projects. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your crochet skills and create a practical, yet whimsical, accessory.